Saturday, November 22, 2008

Finally something to blog about!!

After a long period of time with not much to blog about, I have lots to blog about today!
Our week started out like any other week. I had just gotten back from my annual trip to Austin with Chels, and boy was I tired!

Sam was perusing around on the Internet on Monday evening while I was trying to drift off to sleep. He is always checking to see if any cool homes are for sale in our area, since we are literally busting at the seams in our current house!

On Monday it just so happened that Sam saw a new listing in our price range. It turns out that the price on the house had recently been reduced, so that is why he hadn't come across it before. Sam made an appointment with our realtor (that sold us our current house 7 years ago) to see the house on Wednesday evening. We all really liked the house, and we fell in love with the yard and the neighborhood. The house needs some updating, but nothing really major. The yard is gorgeous! It sits on 1/3 of an acre with mature trees. The house is within walking distance of the junior high school that our kids will be going to, and we know a couple of families that live very close.

After seeing the house and thinking it over we decided to make an offer Thursday afternoon. We found out that we were not the only ones making an offer, another couple had made an offer the day before we had. That made me want the house even more! : ) Anyway, our first offer was rejected, and the buyer made a counter offer this afternoon. We accepted the counter, and we are scheduled to close December 29th!!

We are planning to keep our current house as a rental property, with our real-estate agent managing the property. So, our hope is that we find a renter for January!

We are all sooo excited! After we accepted the offer we headed over to play in the yard of the house that is almost ours!

The kids posed in front of our new house!



In front of the for sale sign...Ellie's brown pants tell it all...potty training did NOT go well today...aaaahhh!!!

Walking around back to play in our big backyard


A big bonus is that this house comes equipped with this play set (that the kids have fallen in love with), a front loading Kenmore washing machine, a font loading Kenmore dryer, and a fairly new refrigerator. This pictures do not do the yard justice. This play set is on one side of the yard, and then it opens up to a huge open area. Sam and I really enjoyed watching the kids play, they didn't know what to do with all of the space!!! Our current yard is teeny!



Having fun on the play set. I was really nervous that someone was going to call the police to report us as trespassers, but it didn't happen, thank goodness!! No one wanted to leave! They just can't understand why we can't live in our new house today!!


















5 comments:

The Corpian's said...

That is so exciting, Congratulations! I cant wait to move one day. To bad ya'll aren't coming closer this way.

Binford Family said...

ahhh.... I am SOOOOO excited for you guys!! That is wonderful, I know you must need the room. I feel like I need more room and I only have 1. I can only imagine how excited you are. I love to "fix up" so if you want help I am there!

Chelsi said...

Wow! That's exciting! I love the yard and the space will be great! I am sad that we can't meet up today!

Shawna Nicholson said...

Congratulations Erica!! Very exciting! I can't wait to see pics of the inside!

Sarah said...

Wow!! That is great. I know the kids will love the yard. It looks beautiful.