Monday, December 3, 2007

What a Weekend!

We began the month of December with a fun filled busy weekend. It seems like things never slow down in December, but I love this month! I look forward to it all year long! On Friday the girls' and Carson's church school had a Parents' Night Out from 6:30-10:30. It was only $20 for all 3 of them to go and have a blast! While the 3 little ones were staying entertained with games, crafts, movies, and sugary sweets Sam and I took Caden to downtown Fort Worth. Since Sam's b-day was Sunday we decided to celebrate early. We walked around downtown, got our picture with Santa, and ate at Mi Cocina. We all loved it! It was really nice to get to spend some alone time with Caden! I am sad that I was not able to post the picture of the 3 of us with the Sundance Square Santa. In a moment of desperation yesterday I handed Emma Claire my camera, and that was the one picture that she deleted. : ( Saturday morning started out bright and early for us! We had an appointment at 9:30 for our family pictures. We went to Sears for the 2nd time this year, and they did an outstanding job! It is not easy to take a picture of my busy children, so I was impressed that the nice girl was able to take some good pictures! The pictures were a little pricey since I am a cheapskate, but I told Sam that someday the kids will cherish those pictures...I already do! Saturday afternoon we went to cousin Nathan's flag football game. His team was in the YMCA's Superbowl, and they won. The kids had fun running all over the windy field and sprinting from Sam and me! Saturday evening I headed to Deep Ellum with Brenda and Chels. Austin's band was performing at The Door. His band is really good, and he is a natural onstage! By 10:00 we were leaving Deep Ellum and heading to Chuy's...yum! I had a great time being out and about with Brenda and Chels! Sunday we were shut in for most of the day! Sam had several leaf jobs that he needed to catch up on. Since, the gym is not open until noon on Sunday the kids and I were stuck inside. It was nice so at one point I decided to take everyone out on the deck. That was great until Emma ate dried bird poop ( which truly looked like little chocolate chips). It was so gross!! It smelled like something died in her mouth. I could not get rid of the smell!! After that we decided to go inside! The rest of our Sunday consisted of naps, grocery shopping, laundry, and cleaning house. I know....what fun...but I am already dreaming of next weekend!Cade in Sundance Square-downtown Fort Worth.


All dressed in jammies and ready to go to CLC's parents' night out.


In front of a cool hot dog place on Knox Street (next door to Chuy's).

With Chels and Brenda at The Door in Deep Ellum.


Austin-lead singer-New City Horizon-The Door


Carson at Nathan's football game.



Cousin Nathan the football star and the girlies.


No comments: