Sunday, December 9, 2007

One of the MOST Embarrassing Moments of My Life...

On Saturday afternoon I felt embarrassment like I have never felt. The most horrible breath taking embarrassment that one can feel.
It went like this....Sam and I had all of the kids at Foster Park on Saturday afternoon. Everyone was having a grand time. Caden was tossing the football with Sam, Carson made a couple of friends that he was running around with, and the girls were swinging, sliding, and having a great time! Two ladies were sitting on a bench, and they called Sam over. It turns out that they were sisters that Sam had gone to high school with. Sam was catching up with them, and we met their little boys. Carson seemed to hit it off with their boys right away. They were very nice, and the whole scenario was going really well. Then...all of a sudden a football thrown by Caden comes flying out of nowhere. It nailed one of the ladies right in the nose...REALLY hard! Immediately her face started to bruise, and she started bawling. Everyone was silent, and all we could say was sorry. The next minute was more than awkward, and it seemed to take forever to pass. We all sat there in silence while the lady bawled, and her sister consoled her. I had already asked if there was anything that I could do, and Caden had apologized. Finally I said "sorry it had to end this way", and we walked off. Writing this I am still mortified, and hopeful that the lady is not sitting somewhere tonight with a broken nose. I know her first name and where her kids go to school so I am thinking of having Caden write her an apology letter and somehow getting it to her. Or on second thought, maybe I will pray that I never see her again. Oh my goodness...what an experience!

No comments: