Tuesday, October 9, 2007

9 things I love about my 9 year old


Caden turned 9 on Sunday. It seems like just yesterday that Sam and I were brand new parents with no clue what to do with the sweet baby that was born October 7, 1998. Caden had a great birthday...he said that it was his best yet! Here are 9 things (in no order) that I LOVE about Caden:

1. He loves to be cuddled.

2. He still enjoys being read to...even though reading a book on his own hasn't really caught on with him. : )

3. Caden is very well behaved, and I am so proud to have him at my school with me.

4. Caden loves his little brother and sisters to pieces. His face lights up when they are affectionate towards him.

5. He never complains about sitting in the very back seat of the van (it is the only seat available with all of the carseats that we have).

6. Cade loves to watch plays with me. Thanks to Brenda we have seen MANY plays over the years.

7. Cade is my new workout partner. In the last couple of weeks he has been walking on the treadmill while I run, and he waits while I workout on the machines. It is great to have his company!

8. He loves routine/traditions just like I do. The traditions we have are small, but a great comfort to him! He loves making brownies on the weekends, going to Target on Sundays, Texarkana on holidays, and watching football with his daddy.

9. Cade has taught much of what I know about being a mommy. On Sunday Sam told Cade that when he was born we knew nothing about being parents. Cade quickly replied that he wouldn't turn out as good as Carson and the girls because mom and dad "knew" what they were doing by the time we had them. We assured Caden that this was not the case! With the likes of Caden in 9 years I will be blogging about a wonderful 18 year old (wow only 9 more years :( ....) with a world of possibilities awaiting him!

I love you Mr. Cade!! xoxoxo

No comments: