Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A New Little Love

In honor of Abby's "original due date" I'm going to post about this new little girl that I was introduced to a week ago.
Chels had Abigail Paige Henry on Thursday 4-14-11. I was en route to Plano when Abby came around 11:30 am. I had planned to take a half day that day because Chels was supposed to be induced early that morning, and I guess I was figuring that she would be in labor well into the late afternoon on April 14th. Ha, was I wrong!! Miss Abby Paige had other plans! Chels went into labor on her own around 3:00am on the day that she was scheduled to be induced, and when I was running on the treadmill at 24 Hour Fitness, just before 6:00 am I got the text that she was headed to the hospital. Since I'd only called in a half day sub, I knew I'd have to go into school for a little bit. Thankfully my sweet sub came in an hour early, and I headed to Plano. I got Brenda's text about Abby's birth stats when I was in the parking garage. All 8 lbs. 4 oz. of the sweet girl was perfectly healthy and precious. When I walked into the hospital I ran into Brenda, Gary, Colt, and Austin (Chels's parents and 2 of her brothers). We were able to all go into the delivery room shortly after Abby was born to see her. She seriously took my breath away! What an honor to be a part of such a special day for my best friend and the family that has pretty much all but adopted me. :)

Colt, Gary, and Austin...proud grandad and uncles

My 1st time holding Abby Paige

Chels and Abby...she looked amazing less than an hour after labor! I kept telling her that she had a tan, and she kept saying that I was seeing the hormone induced patches of dark skin...whatever...she was glowing!

After Chels was moved to the postpartum room I went with the Wimbish fam for some yummy mexican food and margaritas at Christina's! Yum!!
They had pink Equal which is soooo cool! Chels will only drink Equal in her tea, and who has ever seen pink Equal packets?! We summed it up to Abby's birthday!

Me with the Wimbish bunch minus Chels and Cody

We arrived back at the hospital just in time to watch Abby have her very first bath...in the hospital room!! Supposedly that's the new thing! What a wonderful idea to have the baby in the mom's room so much during those first hours!

Sweet girl loved getting her hair washed!


I love this!!
I left the hospital around 7:30 that evening to head back to Arlington, because I had to work on Friday, but the very next day we hit the road to Plano. After picking the girls up from school the 3 of us headed to the hospital where Carter got to show off his brand new sister. The girls stayed the night with Grancie, and I got to spend Abby's 2nd night in the hospital with Chels! I enjoyed every second, and it was just like old times (she stayed with me in the hospital when I had Carson and the twins).
Big Bro and Mommy...her robe says Carter and Abby <3 Mommy


eating Cheeto Puffs in the hospital bed :)

some action figure playtime

Later that evening the cute nurse came into check Abby and get her weight


Uncle Colt and Abby

Ma and Abby

sweet girl with her passy! I could've held her allll day!


Pretty early Saturday morning I headed back home. Chels and Abby went home around 11:00 on Saturday, and I had to get back to the troops.

For some reason I was being a bit sentimental and felt it necessary to snap a pic of the new day before entering The Tollway.
What a special couple of days!!

1 comment:

Binford Family said...

This post made me cry and I don't even know her. What a sweet best friend you are, I think that is the part that made me cry