Saturday, January 15, 2011

Loving a Long Weekend!

Today is the first day of a 4 day weekend for the kiddos and a 3 day weekend for me. We get Monday off for Martin Luther King Day, and Tuesday is a teacher workday. Even though I have to go to school Tuesday, teacher workdays are a treat because I get a whole day to get caught up in my classroom, and I get to eat lunch out with my team.
Our Saturday started off with everyone sleeping late. The girls were supposed to have a soccer game at 8:30 this morning, but we decided to keep the girls out of this game. El was diagnosed with strep Thursday afternoon, and is still recovering. Emmy has been hacking and coughing, so I figured all of the running they'd do in the game would only make them worse.
Around 9:45 Sam took Cade to his basketball game, and I kept the little ones home with me. They played while I cleaned and did laundry. I love starting the weekend with that stuff behind me, and lately that hasn't been happening!
When Sam and Cade got home we decided that we were going to take the kids to see a movie and to eat at Chik fil A in the mall. Chik fil A cost us a whopping $8.00 for all 6 of us to eat because I used calendar coupons. Then all 3 of the little ones rode the carousel in the mall for free because I had coupons for that too. I am so happy when I save us some money. However, Sam usually doesn't give me much credit for all of my coupon business. He says that I spend way more than I save. This might be true, but the times I save money make me feel less guilty for the times I spend too much. Since "Gulliver's Travels" was the only kiddish movie that the kids haven't seen, we decided that's what we would see. Sadly when we got to the window to purchase tickets we were told that they were only showing "Gulliver's Travels" in 3-D. That was a real bummer because 3-d equals an additional $4.00 added to each movie ticket, making a child's ticket $10.50 and an adult ticket $13.50. There was noooo way that we were going to spend $69.50 plus tax to see a movie that I'm not even sure about! So we left the movie counter with 2 kids crying and one kid having to be dragged away. We were going to try to go to another theatre, but we couldn't find one in the area showing that movie.
Instead we decided to go to Michael's to let the girls pick out some fun stuff to do their "snowman craft" homework for school.

Here is Emmy's snowgirl princess

and a $1 necklace craft that she got with her snowgirl supplies

and ellie's princess holding ice cream cones...so random yet so original

After I took pictures of craft time the girls played with my camera and captured some pictures that made me laugh! Here is Sam conked out in front of Carson's original artwork that he taped on the wall this morning.


and Emmy posing for her sissy!

1 comment:

Shawna Nicholson said...

Michael would kill me if I put a pic of him on the blog without getting his approval first. :)

Anyway, I'll let you know about the lunchboxes! I actually found them for 1/2 off...so you might see these next month at the girls birthday party...if I can find them again:)