Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Summer Is In Full Swing!

We are halfway through our very first week of summer vacation. I have been counting down and waiting for this week to come since March. I have loved every single second, and we are starting to get our daily routine down. However, I have no shame in saying that I am exhausted! It is a different kind of exhaustion than I get when I am teaching during the school year. My exhaustion shows in my crackly voice that I am about to lose from singing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" for the 102nd time, the pieces of dirt in my hair that Emma Claire decided to sprinkle on me in the front yard, and the stain on my t-shirt from the bubbles that Ella Cate spilled on me. It's a wonderful exhaustion. I always have the utmost respect for stay-at-home Mommys, but my respect is at its highest this time of year. Being with 4 children around the clock is a blessing, but not always a breeze. ; )
The little ones have been taking swimming lessons with Ms. Stacey. They started this past Monday, and they will go through next week. Carson is doing great. He really seems to have natural form and he loves being under water. The girls are thrilled with the idea of swimming lessons, but they get apprehensive when they have to actually get into the pool. Poor Emma Claire cries on and off for the entire lesson as she stresses out about her turn to be passed between 2 teachers underwater. When they get to her she always informs them that it is "Ella's turn". Ellie seems to be enjoying the lesson once they get into the water. No tears for Miss Ellie. The girls are taking lessons with their friend Quinn, and Emmy and Quinn take turns crying. Hopefully by the end of next week we will all be tear free!
Today I took pictures of the girls in their fun swimsuits from Chelsi! The girls were VERY proud of their teeny bikinis...thanks Chels! ; )
I tried to get pictures of Carson after his lesson, but he was too busy with his buddy Ethan...I will post some of he and Cade soon!

Ellie getting ready to be passed


The girls dried off in their "Hello Kitty" towels after their lesson. You can tell by the look on Emmy's face that she is not thrilled that I made her "suffer"through the lesson.


I wanted a picture of them in their swimsuits, but they were cold!


Emmy (left) Ellie (right)

1 comment:

Chelsi said...

I love the girl's suits!!