Saturday, June 21, 2008

Happy 28th Birthday Caleb!!

On June 17th my little brother turned 28 years old! I meant to post on his actual b-day, but it never happened. Instead I will post today since we celebrated his birthday this evening at Uncle Julio's.
It is hard for me to believe that the little guy who ran around in He-Man underwear and watched WWF wrestling religiously is 28. But then again his big sister (only 23 months older than him) will be 30 in exactly 1 month and 5 days...scary!
It is only now that I have children of my own that I understand how priceless the bonds between siblings are. I watch my children play, and I thank my lucky stars that they have each other. I hope that when they are old and gray they will talk for hours on the phone with one another just like my Granny has always done with her sisters.
Sadly, as a young child I always wanted a sister. Most of the time I was not a very nice sister to Caleb. The way my mom describes our younger days he worshiped me, and I wanted nothing to do with him...how sad. : ( Needless to say I have many happy memories of times that we have spent together. He stood up for me, and we were getting along pretty good by the time that I moved out of my mom's house.
He loves my children unconditionally. He is so wonderful with them, and each one of them knows that their Uncle Caleb loves them very much. Sam and I wish that he could come and live with us, since anytime he is around he is constant entertainment for the little ones! I am convinced that one day he will make an awesome Daddy to a special little child...I look forward to that day! Happy birthday K-Bob...I am happy that you are my brother!
*I think it is so funny that my girls call Caleb Uncle Ca-bub. It reminds me that my MoJo always called him K-Bob and K-Bobber when we were growing up. ; )*

Caleb, Mom, and Cade at Caden's 9th b-day party


Carson and Uncle Caleb


Christmas in Texarkana 2007

1 comment:

Shawna Nicholson said...

okay...I thought I started the "Bob" trend. Happy Birthday Bob! :)