Wednesday, December 8, 2010

26.2

Last Sunday 12-5-10 I ran my first (and probably only) marathon at The Whiterock in Dallas. I had been training since August, but it was much harder than I ever imagined! I have never in all the times I've run gotten nauseous, but at mile 21 I got very sick at my stomach. This caused me to not be able to keep the pace that I wanted. I was 28 minutes slower than the 4 hour time that I was shooting for, but I'm still proud of what I've accomplished. It was such a cool and overwhelming experience that I'll always remember!
The best part about the whole experience was that I got to share it with my friends Julie and Carrie. They both ran the half-marathon. Carrie booked us a room at The W hotel which is right next to The AA Center. The W was amazing! Definitely the nicest hotel I've ever stayed at. We had a wonderful time together!
The morning of the race was freeeeeezing, but we bundled up well and rode The Dart Green Line to Fair Park where the race started. 27,000 people ran the race!!
The day after the race I could barely walk and felt pretty awful, but with much rest and lots of calorie replacement :) I am feeling much better!! I even ran this morning, and Sunday after the race I told Julie I wasn't going to run again anytime in the near future....I hurt!!
Here are my race stats......

Erica Stewart #4613

Arlington, TX, USA
Age: 32 Gender: F
4:28:32
DistanceMAR
Clock Time4:29:17
Chip Time4:28:32
Overall Place559 / 1633
Gender Place166 / 731
Division Place166 / 731
Team Name
Tot Div1633
Tot Gend731
Tot Ag731
10K Rank395
10K Time56:13
Half Rank280
Half Time1:55:55
20 Mile Rank284
20 Mile Time3:01:30
Finish Rank559
Finish Time4:28:32
Total Pace10:15/M

Carrie, Julie, and I in the lobby at The W

The W lobby after we went to T.G.I.Fridays in The West End the night before the race.


T.G.I.Fridays

I took the picture accidentally, but it was a good shot of Julie's feet ready to run!!

No comments: